Rediscovering Vitamin E…
An efficient & essential ingredient of Clear Skin Max
An introduction to Tocopherol acetate (Vitamin E)
Tocopherol is the scientific name for vitamin E. Tocopherol acetate is a lipid-soluble version of vitamin E. Natural vitamin E is used as a powerful antioxidant and free radical scavenger. One of nature’s most dynamic moisturizers, it also aids cellular renewal of the skin. Therefore, to date, vitamin E has been tried for the treatment of almost every type of skin lesion (problem) imaginable. For the same reason, many doctors and dermatologists lay people use vitamin E on a regular basis to improve the outcome of scars and several physicians recommend topical (locally applied) vitamin E after skin surgery or resurfacing.
What is vitamin E?
Vitamin E is considered as one of the most important oil-soluble anti-oxidant and free radical scavenger. It is also a photo-protector, protecting cellular membrane from free-radical damage.
Some basic skin-related functions of vitamin E
- Vitamin E is one of the best known antioxidants found in the human body. It means that its key biological function is to protect lipids from oxidation and free radical damage. Therefore, it basically serves a preservative function due to its ability to protect against oxidation.
- Vitamin E counts among the vitamins that protect the skin and the mucous membranes.
- It improves trans-epidermal water loss, thereby improving the appearance of rough, dry and damaged skin.
- It also helps to maintain connective tissue.
- Vitamin E seals the connective tissue and the vascular walls, makes wounds heal quickly and keeps the skin elastic and smooth.
- Vitamin E also prevents aging of the skin.
- It prevents irritation due to sun exposure. If applied before sun exposure, it acts protective against epidermal cell damage caused by inflammation.
- It also counteracts increased functioning of the sebaceous glands (as is the case in acne) and reduces excessive skin pigmentation.
- More information Beauty and Health Products Catalog Click Here